Being a blogger in the winter can be a rough old job. The late sunrises and early sunsets make photography a nightmare. With so many of us leaving the house when it's dark and coming home in the dark, those light and airy images of spring and summer feel like a distant memory. But fear not! Today I have compiled a list of blog post ideas which require no photography whatsoever, so you don't have to neglect your blog when the light conditions just aren't going your way.
- Your Etsy picks
- Share your most liked Instagram photos (here's mine)
- A recap of your month through Instagram
- Product/birthday/book/fashion wish list
- Your favourite blogs to read
- A roundup of your favourite posts this month
- Your travel bucket list (because who has a photo of somewhere they haven't been?!)
- Share some childhood photographs
- Or your childhood artwork which you can scan in (here's mine)
- Share some things you've been loving from Pinterest
- Favourite Instagram accounts
- Write about the best places you've travelled to and share some old holiday snaps
- Feature your favourite board you've created on Pinterest
- Eight photos of happiness tag - I tag you! (here's mine)
- A list of your most popular posts (and use the image from one of them)
- Or just use a good old stock photo!
Of course, if any of these ideas require you to use somebody else's images, be sure to get the owners permission and credit them correctly. I hope these ideas inspire you or help you out in some way when photography holds you back from blogging!
Do you have any ideas to add to this list? I'd love to hear them!