I've been living in New York for over 3 months now, and I've been lucky enough to see the seasons changing from beautiful scorching hot summer days, to crisp cold winter mornings. The wonderful thing about New York is that there's always something going on, no matter the time of year. But the season I've really fallen in love with out here is fall, so here are all the reasons why you should make your next tip to the big apple an autumnal one...
1. The colours of the trees in Central Park
2. New Yorkers go big on Halloween, so be sure to check out the parade
3. Times Square in the rain is pretty amazing
4. The Tomkins Square Halloween Dog Parade - without doubt the most important date in the calendar
5. The Macy's Thanksgiving parade
6. Black Friday shopping
7. The colder weather is perfect for taking shelter in one of NYCs world class museums
8. Watch (or run, if you're into that!) the New York Marathon
9. New York street style is always on point, but fall fashion steps it up a notch
10. You get to see the city get more and more festive, with the first ice rink at the Rockefeller opening its doors in October!
11. New Yorkers love a hot beverage, so there's no end of cosy cafes to enjoy
12. See the first of the Christmas lights appearing on Fifth Avenue
13. The cooler weather means you can explore the city by foot much more easily - my favouite way to discover hidden gems
14. Open House weekend - for the nosey person in you, check out some sites which are usually off limits to the public
15. Perfect Instagrams - fall really looks great on New York!
When would you love to visit New York?
What are your favourite things to do in the city?